[INFOGRAPHIC] Is Your Business Ready for the “SOcialMObileLOcal” Shopper? They may know more about your products than you do.
Friends of RPM,
Here are two tactics you can use to add hundreds of Facebook fans to your business fan page in the next 30 days… for FREE!
1) Tag a popular page with an @symbol in a post on your page
In the video, when we tagged “SkinCeuticals”, we simply typed “@skinc” (no quotes typed) then a dropdown list of possible fan pages appeared. We selected SkinCeuticals from the list.
2) Write a post on a popular page thanking them “as your page”
Remember to be complimentary to the host fan page in your comment and avoid self-promotion, to avoid having your comment deleted.
Enjoyed this post? Please share it with your network, then leave a comment or question below.
To Your Success!
Mark Zuckerberg’s keynote at the f8 conference in San Francisco Thursday introduced some of the most profound changes seen on Facebook since its inception. So many changes, in fact, that it can be hard to keep track. So here’s a quick summary of Mashable’s handy-dandy guide.
1. You’re going to get a Timeline (checkout mine)— a scrapbook of your life.
2. You don’t have to just Like something — now you can [verb] any [noun].
3. Facebook apps need only ask permission once to share stories on your behalf.
4. All “lightweight” information is going to the Ticker.
5. You can watch TV and movies, listen to music, and read news with your friends — all within Facebook.
6. Facebook has more users and more engagement than ever — 800 MILLION USERS now.
Have you ever tried to give a customer your Facebook page url when it looks like this…
Do you think they remembered it? Not a chance.
Did you know that Facebook allows you to make a prettier “vanity” fan page url?
Shorter, prettier urls are easier to remember and hence, make more impact in branding. Such urls can easily be used in promotions, business cards, or any online presence.
Before last week, you had to have 25 LIKEs to get a vanity url. Not anymore! Facebook seems to be rolling the new policy out slowly. I was able to add a vanity url to one of my newer fan pages, but not some others. Just be patient, but do get your vanity url asap, then start promoting it EVERYWHERE!
By Phil Mershon, socialmediaexaminer.com
Small businesses can stand out in a big way with Facebook. If you’re looking for some creative examples of Facebook pages from the small guys, look no further!
More than 1400 nominations came in from our contest.
Our panel of Facebook experts carefully reviewed the nominees and finalists, analyzing their landing pages, engagement, reader involvement and creative use of promotions (among other things).
None of these businesses have huge budgets, yet they have all achieved amazing success. The following are the winners of Social Media Examiner’s Top 10 Small Business Facebook Pages for 2011.